The Children’s Museum of Indianapolis made this amazing short video about the interior and exterior of Optimus Prime. The Western Star is currently on display at the museum’s Transformers: Robots in Disguise exhibit – Take a look!
We all know that Optimus Prime is based off a concept drawing for the all new 5700XE On-Highway truck model, but here are some other fun facts:
- All of the exhausts are non-operational and are only for movie purposes
- 2 duplicate trucks were produced for the film. One was used for stunts and the other was used for close-up and interior beauty shots (which is the one featured in the video)
- The paint job cost about $40,000 each and was all done by hand
- There is a special 5700 OP badge on the doors to signify Optimus Prime
- The Autobots logo on the hood pull was made out of a solid block of aluminum and cost just over $4,000 each to fabricate