Originally posted in Western Star Trucks‘ Star News Q2 2014 newsletter
Our goal is to keep the muscle and lose the weight. That’s why we offer fuel-saving options light lightweight aluminum bumpers, fifth wheels and clutch housings. Add to that lightweight fuel tank options and underhood air cleaners, and you can shed hundreds of pounds. There’s no easier truck diet available.
See all options at http://viewer.zmags.com/publication/7291d36c#/7291d36c/1
HEAVY DUTY DOESN’T HAVE TO BE HEAVY.
- Air Cleaner: Underhood
- Clutch Housing: Aluminum
- Battery Box: Passenger Seat Battery Box Vented to Outside of Cab
- Tow Hook: No Tow Pin
- Crossmember: Extruded Aluminum Midship #1 Crossmember
- Front Axle: STEERTEK Single FF1 3.5-inch Drop 12,500 lbs.
- Front Brakes: Meritor 15×4 Q+ Cam
- Front Suspension: Taperleaf 12,000 lbs.
- Brake Drums: Motorwheel Centrifuge or Meritor Steellite
- Rear Axle: RT-40-145A 40,000 lbs. R-Series Aluminum Carrier Tandem
- Fifth Wheel: Holland FWAL Integral Angle Mounted Stationary Fifth Wheel with Aluminum Top Plate
- Front Wheels: Alcoa or Accuride Aluminum Disc Wheels
- Rear Tires: Goodyear G287 MSA 11R22.5 16-Ply Radial
For the Western Star Dealer nearest you, click here or call 1-866-850-STAR