Have you heard about the new Detroit Connect features for the Virtual Technician™ remote diagnostic system?
“Intelligent connectivity is at the core of what we are offering to drivers and fleet managers,” said Matt Pfaffenbach, director, telematics for Daimler Trucks North America (DTNA). “By adding new technologies that provide more meaningful insights and visibility, we are further contributing to increased uptime, safety and efficiency.”
The New Portal
- Provides Detroit Connect users additional information about overall fleet health, as well as enable them to take a deeper dive into specific fault events communicated via Virtual Technician.
- Available on all Freightliner and Western Star models specified with Detroit™ engines
- Will allow users to view and archive Detroit Diesel Engine Control (DDEC) reports, which use diagnostics to further analyze driver and vehicle performance.
- Will serve as the access point for all services offered by Detroit Connect
- Will include options for communications, reporting and subscription management customization.
- Detroit Connect is piloting the portal with select customers beginning now, through early 2016, with an anticipated roll-out to all customers by spring 2016
“Every customer has different concerns and ways of analyzing and acting on fault information, so we developed the portal to specifically make the fault information as manageable and consumable for every priority,” said Pfaffenbach.
The New Telematics Platform
- Will have new connected vehicle communications hardware that can be used globally. This will enable integration with third-party applications, and will reduce the need for additional hardware.
- Will utilize cellular service connectivity
- Will mark the introduction flash over the air capabilities, including remote vehicle parameter settings, remote downloading of DDEC reports, and remote flashing of firmware for electronic controllers.
- Will be available on select truck models in 2017
For more information go to www.DetroitConnect.com.
Detroit Connect is Daimler Trucks North America’s integrated OEM connected vehicle solution designed to unlock the power of vehicle data, maximizing uptime and lowering fleets’ cost of ownership. Virtual Technician™ onboard diagnostic system, its proprietary technology, provides an essential link between the vehicle and fleet to improve truck performance, helping drivers and fleets to make informed service decisions. Detroit Connect is a brand of Daimler Trucks North America.