This 6900XD heavy haul tractor comes to us from Crows Truck Service in Memphis, TN . It’s the very definition of custom built. With a powertrain like this, it’ll pull loads others wouldn’t even try.
The 6900XD spec’d as a tractor like this one can easily haul up to 500,000 pounds. You’ll see them in heavy haul situations, logging and anywhere else you need a badass truck like this to get things done. And for that, we’re big fans of this one that really puts the XD in Extreme Duty.
Here are the details:[unordered_list style=”star”]
- 550hp Cummins ISX bolted to a Allison 4700 transmission
- Short drive-shaft to a Spicer 4 speed auxiliary transmission
- Sisu 70K rear axles
- 21,000 front, 20,000 pusher and 60,000 Neway rear suspension
- Triple rail stretched across a 296″ wheelbase
- Klam magnetic driveline retarder mounted between the auxiliary transmission and rear axle
- Cummins engine brake
A couple of different angels to fully appreciate this hard-working truck:
Now the 6900XD, just like all Western Star trucks, is hand-built so you really have a lot of options depending on what the job is for each truck. If you want to see more 6900XD pictures, check these out from Tim Bartlett at Team Truck Centers in London, Ontario, CA in our gallery. Just click here to see their newest pit tractor.