Western Star Trucks recently announced they are offering several new products.
“The needs of our customers continue to grow and change, so we will continue to add new options that will help our customers while delivering the power, performance and comfort expected from a Western Star truck,” said Kelley Platt, president, Western Star Trucks.
Check out what these new options include:
- 5-Man Crew Cab: The 4700, 4800, 4900 and 6900 models can be spec’d with a two or four door aftermarket-installed 5-man crew cab option. A 12-dash inch backpack is available for additional storage.
- 5700Truck Configuration: The 5700 is available in a truck configuration for expeditor and RV applications in a day cab or sleeper.
- Abrasion Tape for Exterior Harnesses: Ideal for applications that can cause abrasion in the chassis, this product for the 4700 and 5700 truck models will improve durability. Each harness is wrapped in an abrasion-resistant seal and fastened securely to the frame rails to prevent damage to the wires from debris, water and chafing.
- Aluminum Diamond Plate Tool Box: With cab access and increased ground clearance, the Aluminum Diamond Plate Tool Box for the 4700 is durable enough to withstand harsh working conditions.
- Detroit™ 23,000-lb Front Steer Axle: For the 4800 and 4900 models, the Detroit 23,000-lb front steer axle is ideal for applications requiring a higher front axle weight rating like snow plow, dump and heavy haul. Up to 40 lbs. lighter than other brands, these front axles improve durability, reduce tire wear and provide smoother steering control.
- RollTek Seats: The 4700, 4800 and 4900 models now offer RollTek seats, a system that inflates side-impact airbags, tightens seat belts and compresses air suspension seats to the lowest position to prevent serious injuries to the driver, in the unlikely event of a rollover.
- Sealed Frame Rails: The 4700, 4800 and 4900 models’ new seal frame rail reduces corrosion on double channel and partial liner configurations. Sealed along the edges, the flexible water-tight seal prevents the intrusion of liquids and minimizes rust that might occur due to environmental factors and road de-icing products.
For more information, go to www.WesternStarTrucks.com.